Monday, May 18, 2009

4 hours and 17.74 miles!



This is a map showing the distance I covered yesterday. I ran two hours out from Main street Chula Vista to the Coronado Rec Center, and two grueling hours back. It was intense!

I've been doing a combo run/walk where I run for 15 minutes and walk at a fast pace for 5 minutes. The first hour and a half I felt pretty good. When I was running I kept my pace up, and my lungs felt great. Swimming has really helped me learn how to control my breathing. It was a pretty warm day, but running by the ocean in San Diego is spectacular. When I got to the Coronado rec center, and was really tired my hips were starting to hurt, and then I realized I still had two hours left to go! 

On the way back my legs felt like jelly, my hip joints hurt, and the bottoms of feet started throbbing. The only thing I could do to keep going was to zone out, and not think of my body. So I wrote a play in head! I'll definitely share it later, once I iron out the details. 
But that crazy little story kept me going for about an hour. That last hour, I did a whole lot more walking, because my joints were just killing me. 
 My body is still recuperating from yesterday, but  my mind and spirits are wide awake and kicking. I can't believe that two weeks from now I'll be doing and additional 8.46 miles! 
Craziness. 

1 comment:

  1. Good work, sweetie!! I really wish I was able to be out there with you!!! Next year for sure!!

    -alfie

    ReplyDelete